Welcome to Episode 9 of The Deal Junkies. In this episode, we wrap up Season 1 by bringing a panel discussion on “Non-Bank Lending” moderated by Rusty Fleming at a recent mezzanine and high yield debt forum. Rusty and the panelists cover a variety of topics, including:
- The rise of alternative lenders. Is this temporary or a structural change in the lending market?
- Other than yield and proceeds, what factors impact non-bank lenders and their decisions to lend?
- Which asset classed are waving red flags and where are the opportunities?
- Should borrowers be concerned when partnering with a non-bank lender?
- Signals in the market and what to expect in 2018